Happiness is having your own library card!
—Charles Schulz, Peanuts, 1963
A library card opens up a world of knowledge and is available to everyone. With a library card, you can check out books, audiobooks, DVDs, magazines, and passes to VT State Parks and various museums. You can also download audiobooks to your reading device by signing in to Listen Up VT! with your library card # and password.
You can get a free Library Card if you:
- Live or own a property in one of our member towns – Northfield or Northfield Falls.
When you visit the library to sign up for a card please bring:
- A photo ID and proof of your current address (license, lease, utility bill, etc.)
- A parent or guardian, if you are under age 18 (they will need to sign with you)
You may purchase a Library Card if you live outside of our tax-supported area:
- Annual Membership: $25.00
- If you already have a purchased Library Card and need to renew it for another year, you
can stop by the library to renew by paying your annual fee. Cards expire annually.